Friday, February 15, 2013

Blog Makeover!

I'm so happy that my little corner of the internet had received a much need make over. Hopefully this will be of great motivation to me to post more now that it's not such an eyesore. I used to dabble in HTML back in the ol' Livejournal, MySpace and Xanga days, so it'd be nice if I can get back into the swing of that and not have my blog look like an armature's haha.

In other news, I'm excited to announce that I will be starting a little booth at WWII reenactments where I will be doing period half moon manicures and up-dos! And of course cutting gentlemen's hair. I've seen many men, sheepishly grin at their unit commanders as they quickly try to disguise the fact that their hair is far too long, therefor inaccurate. Then get pinned down as the guys clumsily hack off their locks, resulting in some embarrassing bald spots. After getting lots of compliments on cutting my mister's hair and receiving requests to cut theirs too, I thought I would include the service in my booth.

(This is a haircut I do a lot since the mister's in a German unit and a lot of my friends are as well. The part where the hat doesn't cover is cut very short, while what is hidden under the hat is extremely long as you can see in this picture. Picture found here.)


I've been busily searching for old nail polish bottles, vanity sets, pretty handkerchiefs, and images online of amazing 1940's dos and practicing on myself. Pretty soon I'm going to need to recruit some of my friends to do their hair so I can take pictures and create a portfolio. I'm just bursting with excitement, reenacting season couldn't come any faster!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment